Family Law Attorneys To Get You To A Better Tomorrow
Divorce is one of the most tumultuous experiences most people face. The end of a marriage is often associated with the loss of trust. The emotional turmoil can be overwhelming. At Lutter Gilbert & Kvas, LLC, we focus on crafting forward-thinking solutions to difficult family law problems. We know what you are going through — we have 75 years of combined experience solving tough legal problems. Our client-centered representation is aimed at helping people get stronger. By focusing on the positives of the future instead of the misery of the moment, our clients are able to make informed decisions and move forward confidently to a brighter future.
Reason, Understanding And Counsel Amid The Emotion
Changes in life cause stress. A life change as extreme as the end of a relationship, with or without children, creates a stressful situation. As you would expect from highly experienced family law attorneys, our approach to “conscious uncoupling” is professional and highly assertive, yet sensitive to you.
Our Approach To Family Law Disputes
Our lawyers are focused on finding the best solution for your family. While we are experienced litigators, we always attempt to find alternative paths to dispute resolution. Why? Because we believe the less contentious path is best for the entire family. However, if litigation is required to protect your interests, and the interests of your children, we will be your strong courtroom advocates.
LGK attorneys are well-equipped to help you navigate all the issues in divorce and family law: reaching a custody and support agreement in the best interest of you and your children; sorting out a property settlement that may involve complex issues like premarital or nonmarital interests, property valuations and tax planning strategies. We can help you resolve issues including:
- Child support
- Custody between parents
- Custody cases involving grandparents or other third parties
- Domestic violence restraining orders
- Marriage dissolution/divorce
- Spousal maintenance/alimony
- Paternity-rights and responsibilities of never-married parents
- Post-divorce disputes
- Post-decree modifications
Using Alternative Means To Resolve Disputes
Barbara Lutter,and Wayne Gilbert have extensive experience both working as litigators and as neutrals for family law alternative dispute resolution. We have all of the tools to help you through this difficult time. We are qualified neutrals under Rule 114 and can perform:
- Mediation: Resolving family law disputes through mediation can be an empowering experience.
- Early neutral evaluations — both financial (FENE) and social (SENE): An early neutral evaluation can be a highly cost-effective way to solve financial, property and parenting concerns.
- Custody and parenting time evaluations: We often serve as a neutral evaluator to gather information and make recommendations focused regarding custody arrangements.
- Parenting consultant services: A parenting consultant can look at the individual issues you are facing, your family dynamics, and most importantly, your child’s well-being to help you reach mutual conclusions as to what is best for your child.
- Parenting time expeditor services: When parenting time disputes arise related to an existing court order, an expeditor can help you resolve parenting time disputes confidentially and efficiently.