Barbara’s practice focuses on family transitions, including adoptions, divorces, and custody disputes. She represents mothers and fathers as they seek solutions that are in the best interest of their children. She is an aggressive advocate, compassionate, and exceptionally thorough in preparing her clients’ cases.
Barbara also acts as a mediator, parenting consultant, parenting time expeditor, and early neutral evaluator. She has acted as Guardian ad Litem and Expert Custody Evaluator, advocating for the best interest of children in juvenile and family courts. She has assisted with the training of other guardians, and she is a member of the Supreme Court’s roster Qualified Neutrals under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of General Practice.
Barbara’s practice also includes representation of small businesses and individuals in general contract and litigation matters, probate and estate planning and residential real estate transactions. She has successfully briefed and argued a number of cases at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Barbara is a 1988 cum laude graduate of William Mitchell College of Law, where she served as a member of the William Mitchell Law Review. She graduated from Macalester College, Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Wills, Estate Planning
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Services
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1989
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: cum laude
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 1st District Bar Association
- Dokota County Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Assistance of Dakota County , Present